Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Who Likes to Pay Bills?

A while ago my answer would have been an enthusiastic "NOT ME!" It's downright stressful to watch my bank balance disappear before my eyes. Not to mention all the guilt feelings that creep in for unnecessary purchases (of course they felt essential at the time). I spend time in my studio every day with my colors and stamps and paint (and glitter) and a ton of other stuff to feed my creative muse. It occurred to me that I could put those colors and stamps to good use and make a painful task into something positive.


You might not believe this but I actually enjoy paying my bills now! My favorite stamp says, "Wishing you a day full of good things." I just purchased another one at Impress in Seattle that I'm eager to use: "Always jump in the puddles." It is a joy to send good wishes to the person on the other end of my payment. Before I started this I was sending my bills out into mailspace and there was no sense of a human being "out there". It makes me happy to think that after opening up hundreds of envelopes someone might feel like smiling for a moment during their day.

2 comments:

Judy Zehr said...

Ahh! What a wonderful idea! I think I'm going to borrow it so my bill-paying can be more pleasant and my bills and the envelope openers smile! Thanks for the brilliant "small act" with a big pay off!

Karen B said...

Judy,
I'm glad to know we'll both be adding a few smiles to the world!
Blessings,
Karen