Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 11, 2010

Not Boring Anyway

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities. ~Theodore Geisel


I've always wanted to work with tile and the installation of a sink in my studio (aka garage) was the perfect opportunity to play with some of the amazing colors and shapes of tile available. It started with a trek to Pratt and Larsons seconds store where I found some polka dot tiles in bright colors along with some 4X4s. The tiles that edge the sink are from a garage sale.

The polka dots and 4X4s ran out by the time I got to the backsplash. Off to Pratt and Larsons I went and custom ordered polka dots in delicious colors - so much for trying to save pennies. My hope is that the riot of colors and shapes will make people smile when they play in my studio. 

The next project will be to invite friends to a party to "Jackson Pollock" the cement floor. I did it to the linoleum floor in my bathroom to cover up the paint drips left by someone who didn't use a dropcloth. There's nothing quite like throwing paint around without worrying about making a mess or how it looks.



I thought I better capture the countertop on film because this is the cleanest it's going to ever be!



The Hand



No Animals Were Harmed

No comments: